Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MS PowerPoint - Autobiography Project Part 1 Example

Business Technology
Period 5/6

Harvey Scribner

Synopsis – Autobiography Project Step I

I was born in Bloomington, Indiana.  I was raised in Indiana, Virginia, and  Missouri until I was in the Second Grade.  My family moved to Western Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.  I attended the Upper Perkiomen School District from 2nd to 8th Grade.  I was then transferred to St. Pius X High School in Pottstown, PA for grades 9-12.

Growing up in rural Pennsylvania had many advantages.  I was active in sports, outdoor activities, and once I was in Middle School, I was able to ride my bicycle just about anywhere.  I also had many part time jobs since the age of 12 to support myself.  I started working on farms in my area to make extra money.  I bailed hay, milked cows, and chased calves around the barn when I accidently left the gate to their pen open.  I then spent time working for a stone mason who lived on our block.  I spent a summer lifting bricks and blocks, mixing cement and building scaffolding systems.  I learned a lot.  I also delivered papers, worked at local fast food restaurants, and did maintenance work on a local golf course throughout High School. 
   
My grades were horrible throughout school.  I graduated at the bottom of the class from my high school despite scoring very well on standardized tests.  I was accepted at Shippensburg University in 1986 for a summer program called Act 101.  I was also accepted to the Antonelli School of Art and Design for my photography skills.  In hindsight I probably should have gone to the Photography School.  I did not succeed in college and partied too much.  Eventually I flunked out.  It was not all bad though, I was put in the position of needing to join the Army Reserve to help pay for school, and the leadership skills, training, and discipline would ultimately make that one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life.

I went to Basic Training in 1988.  I was stationed at Fort Jackson, SC for Initial training and Fort Gordon, GA for “Commo” school.  I made some of the best friends of my life while serving my country.  I have excelled at military training and went on to be deployed twice overseas after 9/11.   I am still very interested in the firearms training, first-aid, and other classes I was required to take.  My military service also allowed me to see the world and to really have an appreciation of what being born in the USA means.  I have seen the advantages that are taken for granted by others who have not had the same vision of poverty and war.  I am thankful for those experiences as well.

I was married in 1992 to my oldest son’s mother.  I was divorced and now am re-married to the mother of my other son’s.  My sons are 19, 7, and 5 and are awesome!  I just celebrated my 10th anniversary of my marriage to my wife this year.  We live in our home near King of Prussia, PA.
I began to try to be a teacher while at Shippensburg in 1987.  I wanted to be a history teacher, but found my way into other jobs as I needed more money to support a family.  I started in sales and customer service for various companies in the Philadelphia area in 1991.  With a new family and child to support, I took whatever job was available at the time.  I gradually, over the years, was able to turn one opportunity into another while moving from job to job every 3-4 years.  I got better at sales and more professional in my manners and appearance.  I have sold building products, health care services, engineering services, coatings and paints, and ultimately ended up as a kitchen designer and architectural sales representative.  I also went to Gwynedd Mercy College from 2004-2006 and finished my degree in Business Administration 20 years after beginning it at Shippensburg.

While on deployment in the Middle East in 2008, I was given the opportunity to take my Praxis (teacher’s) exams.  I scored very well with no preparation.  When I returned from overseas, I went back to Gwynedd and enrolled in the Teacher Certification program.  I also approached the School District of Philadelphia for a job.  I was given an Emergency Certification and allowed to teach in January of 2009.  I have been at University City High School ever since.

In addition to teaching,  I coach many sports for my sons, I play volleyball and lead worship and missions teams at my church, and I spend time with my family as much as possible.  I am also a Boy Scout Leader for my sons.  I am interested in sports, video games, and construction projects around my home.  My family and I also enjoy spending time outdoors fishing, camping, hiking, and riding bicycles. 
Foods I enjoy include anything grilled, ice cream, and spinach dip with pumpernickel bread.  I love to cook and enjoy cooking with my 7-year-old.  My goals are to complete my Masters Degree,  continue to coach and work with the Boy Scouts, improve the conditions here at University City High School, and continue to teach as much as I can.  Ultimately I might want to be a Principal or a Counselor as well.

2 comments:

  1. your blog is on of the best blogs. I pass. I have blog which is also containing PowerPoint I am delivering every events that count.
    Starting PowerPoint..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's for such interesting review! Lot's inspiration wish you!:)
    essay writing uk

    ReplyDelete